Getting Your Property Rent Ready
At Full Service Property Management we pride ourselves on providing our residents a reliable set of property standards. These standards provide our tenants confidence that they are moving into and living in a residence that meet, at a minimum, state habitability requirements. Beyond that, they know their home is safe, clean, and properly maintained.
These property standards assist our owners in knowing what we expect in a property before we will manage it. Our property managers can provide professional advice to current and future clients on what repairs and improvements to address, as well as what not to invest in. Our in-house staff of maintenance technicians can work with trusted vendors to ensure every property remains in ‘rent ready’ condition.
The items below must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- Property professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operating as designed.
- Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
- Doors and locks all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition.
Full Rent-Ready Requirements
In addition to the above, the list below must be completed in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner.
- All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini-blinds
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept
- No exterior debris
- Lawn cut and trimmed
- Landscaping fresh and clean
- Carbon monoxide detectors installed within 15 feet of each bedroom. ONLY wall mounted, NO plug-in units.
- Smoke detector on each floor
- Smoke detector in each bedroom
- Back sliding door must have vertical blinds
- All light bulbs working
- Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- All mechanical components working as designed: includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings secure
- Exterior window wells require covers
- Wood-burning fireplace(s), if operational, shall be clean of any debris and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds.
- No draperies on windows
- All windows should have screens
This list is not meant to cover every home or make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked items. Please speak with your property manager if you have any questions about specific items.