Fair Housing Policy
It is and has always been the policy of Full Service Property Management, LLC not to discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, political ideology, marital status, parental status, disability, ancestry, or national origin.
Full Service Property Management, LLC conducts all business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing Law, Washington Landlord-Tenant Act, and local and state laws. These laws are constantly changing. If you see something that is contrary to state or local fair housing laws, you are encouraged to bring them to our attention.
Tenant Screening Criteria
We are pleased to present to you the following Tenant Screening Criteria.
At Full Service Property Management, we are looking for tenants that can fulfill three basic requirements: pay their rent on time, not deal drugs, and not trash out the property. If you can abide by those three basic rules, then we encourage you to read on.
We recognize that not everyone has 'perfect' rental credit. We strive to work with applicants on a case-by-case basis to assist good tenants in finding good homes.
Laws are constantly changing. If you see something on this page that seems unlawful it may be because we have not updated this page to reflect the change. Feel free to bring it to our attention. Thanks.
The following tenant screening criteria outline our requirements. Full Service Property Management has, at its sole option, the ability to grant waivers to some of these criteria. Waivers to these criteria may be allowed up to a maximum of three, at our discretion. One waiver will result in an increase in the security deposit of 25%. Two waivers, if granted, will result in a 50% increase in the deposit and three waivers, if granted, will result in a doubling (100% increase) of the security deposit. After three waivers, the application is denied. The application may be denied at any time, depending on the nature of the violation(s) and subject to Fair Housing Laws.
Please be advised that as it relates to 'first in time' we use the showing date and not the application date. You can apply for a home in advance of seeing it, but it will not put you at the front of the line.
Below is a listing of our criteria:
- Incomplete, inaccurate, or falsified information on the application is immediate grounds for denial and/or termination of the lease. (No waiver allowed for falsified information.) We will also withhold the entire holding agreement fee if we find false or misleading information on the application.
- All applicants 18 or over must complete an application in full regardless of status in the family.
- Government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, ID card, etc.) required of all applicants over 18 years old.
- Applicant is a good citizen. Good citizen(s) means:
- Applicant is a good neighbor.
- Applicant does not conduct illegal activity, disturb or pose a threat to neighbors, takes care of the property, and adheres to terms of the rental agreement. This is confirmed by previous landlords, criminal reports and/or other sources.
- Full Service Property Management will not accept screens from other sources. We must do our own.
- Service Animals: Seeing eye dogs and other animals used as "service animals" or "emotional support animals" to assist the disabled are permitted to reside in the house with the resident(s). Documentation is required.
- Special Needs: Full Service Property Management, PLLC is willing to make reasonable accommodations to a property that may be required for those individuals with special needs. The cost for such accommodations (and removal of such accommodations at the termination of the lease) shall be borne by the resident. Further details may be found in our Reasonable Accommodation and Modification Policy.
- Exceptions: At the written request of the applicant, an exception to the above criteria may be made subject to Fair Housing Laws, the final approval of Full Service Property Management, PLLC, and the Owner.
Rental History Requirements
- Applicant must have 24 months verifiable rent or mortgage history from a non-relative. Where less than 24 months, a co-signer may be requested. Homeowners and foreclosed homeowners are excepted.
- No collections from housing providers.
- Current and previous landlord information must be verifiable.
- Applicant(s) must receive positive recommendation from landlords.
- Qualifying applicants with no rental history will be required to have co-signer.
- Combined gross wages of applicants and co-signers must be three times the rent. Full Service reserves the right to consider 2.7 times rent. We will not drop below 2.7 times rent.
- Self-employed applicants must submit prior year tax documents. Income based on net income.
- All source(s) of income must be verifiable either through employer pay stubs, tax returns, or bank statements.
- Applicants should have minimum 6 months employment with current employer.
- Non-taxable income (such as Social Security) may be grossed up 25%.
- We will not use future income except with a verifiable job offer letter detailing exactly the amount to be earned each month.
- Credit score: Because a credit report says absolutely nothing about what we are looking for in a tenant, we do not rely on any specific credit score. Rather we evaluate the report in its entirely, in combination with other tenant screening criteria.
- The credit report should indicate good payment history with no collections from housing providers or utility companies.
- The credit report should not have more than 10 non-medical accounts or $5,000 in non-medical collections.
- Credit items not affecting qualification include: paid collections, satisfied judgments, medical accounts, and discharged bankruptcies.
- There can be no active bankruptcies. All bankruptcies must be discharged.
- No evictions or unlawful detainers within past five years.
- Foreclosures are allowed.
In the City of Seattle we are prohibited from requiring disclosure, asking about, rejecting an applicant, or taking an adverse action based on any arrest record, conviction record, or criminal history, except for registry information as described in Seattle Municipal Code, subsections 14.09.025.A.3, 14.09.025.A.4, and 14.09.025.A.5, and subject to the exclusions and legal requirements in Section 14.09.115. In other jurisdictions...
- A 50-state criminal records report will be run on every adult applicant.
- No convicted sex offenders or child molesters permitted (no waiver allowed).
- A conviction, guilty plea, or no-contest plea for any felony or any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex-related, drug-related, property damage, weapons charges, criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty or prostitution will be grounds for denial.
- Any criminal record activity that could be deemed harmful or threatening to the health and safety of an individual, the rental property, neighborhood or property of others will be grounds for denial.
- Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application until charges are resolved. Properties will not be held off market while awaiting resolution of pending charges.
- If you have a pet, please see our pet policy.
- We allow only two people per bedroom (plus one), and up to five non-related occupants. Exceptions are when occupancy laws stipulate more or less.
- Home-based business: Please use the premises only as a private residence. Working from your home is allowed. However, we ask that you do not use it as your primary work place. For example, we do not allow home daycare businesses or hair salons. In addition, the property is not to be used in any way that is illegal or dangerous or which would cause a cancellation, restriction, or increase in property or management insurance premium.
- We do not accept third party checks for assistance with security deposit or other (non-rent) move in monies, including but not limited to programs administered by YMCA, YWCA, Red Cross, and Catholic Community Services.
- Move-in monies must be paid by cash, money order, or cashiers check, or online through the tenant portal. Checks must be written on a personal account. Personal checks and online portal payments must clear the bank prior to receiving keys.
- Applicants with marginal qualifications may be asked to provide a Guarantor. A Guarantor (or co-signer) is a signator on the lease and becomes financially responsible. The Guarantor is not permitted to live on the premises.
- Most of our properties permit smoking outside only. This applies to marijuana smoke as well as tobacco.
- Give the leasing agent $500 to hold the unit and sign a Holding Agreement.
- The holding fee is non-refundable if you back out of the unit, or falsify information on the application. If you are denied by us it will be returned. The holding fee is converted to part of the security deposit at move-in.
- An application fee for every adult over $40 is required. No exceptions.
- Applications are completed and paid for online.
- A signed Tenant Release & Consent form is required to verify employment and/or rent.
- It can take 1-3 days to complete the screening process, depending on verification of references.
- Keys will be issued after a lease and all addenda have been signed by all Leasors and Guarantors, AND all agreed upon monies are paid.
- Complete a Property Move-In Condition Report with manager.
- Transfer all tenant-paid utilities into your name effective your move-in date.
- Do NOT install satellite dishes without prior permission. Failure to do so will result in removal of dish and possible repair of the building/property at the tenant expense.
- Return Property Move-In Condition Report within 3 days after move-in date if there are any notable exceptions after the move in..
- Applications — We verify all information on the application carefully. If you provide false or misleading information on the rental application then you risk forfeiting the holding fee for wasting our time.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- Tenants may not move in until all of the move-in monies have been paid.
- We typically collect a deposit towards last month's rent. We can stage the payment of this deposit over a maximum of 4 months, beginning with the second month after move-in to ease the burden of moving. (City of Seattle tenants may request 6 months.) Tenants may pre-pay this deposit at any time, including at move-in.
- Renter's insurance is required.
- We do not rent to tenants who do drugs or keep a messy home. So if you keep a messy house or deal or do drugs then please save us both the time and do not apply.
- We enforce all late fees.
- Tenants with disabilities may make requests for reasonable accommodation(s). All requests should be in writing, and must be accompanied by appropriate documentation.
Ready to get started? Contact us: (206) 900-9006
Explore Our Services
Continually putting your interests first.
Why Choose Full Service Property Management?
Learn why we're the savvy choice for local property owners
We Focus on Prompt Communication
Don't find yourself stuck with an unresponsive property manager who doesn't take the time to return your calls or answer your questions. We believe full service management starts with a foundation of healthy communication. We're always happy to speak with you & provide guidance for your rental home.
Our Team Uses Cutting Edge Tech Tools
Some Seattle property managers are stuck in the past, using outdated management techniques that don't generate the desired results. At Full Service Property Management, we do things differently. We incorporate powerful technology into our management approach, ensuring no stone is left unturned.
We Provide Amazing Customer Service
Ensuring our clients and tenants remain satisfied is at the core of our management strategy. Our team is friendly and accessible, and we make it easy to get in touch with our team. We are passionate about making a difference. Give our offices a call for yourself and speak to one of our real estate experts—we're sure you'll agree, customer service is one of our strong suits.
Honesty & Transparency Are Important to Us
We aren't in the business of making money off your back. Instead, our goal is to build mutually beneficial relationships with every client we serve. We don't use hidden costs or unexpected fees to pad our earnings, and we're transparent in the way we work. It's an important distinction that makes all the difference.
Our Proven Experience Says it All
With over 30 years of experience in property management, you simply couldn't be in better hands. We've truly seen and heard it all, and we know what it takes to get the most out of local rental homes. We even average a 4.7-star rating across our review platforms, thanks to our unwavering commitment to maintaining client satisfaction.
Property Owners Love Us
Our team makes good on our promises
"I had my hands full with more work than I could handle with the management side of my portfolio. We now have excellent tenants in all of our properties; Full Service has a perfect track record. It's saved me a lot of time having Full Service PM on board.".
Jeremy, Satisfied Client
Client Testimonial - Cliff
Thank you for your follow up thoughts marking the first 30 days. I can wholeheartedly state that I have entrusted my real estate with the best firm possible. I am especially impressed with your company’s policy of following up and addressing my needs. You and your staff have made me feel as if I have the only property you possess under contract. This feeling comes from you and your staff’s timely response to any issues I need addressed.
I continue to look forward to a long satisfying relationship for many years with Full Service Property Management. I will recommend your company to anyone who may need your services.
Cliff, Bellevue Property Owner
Client Testimonial - John
"One of the primary reasons I engaged FSPM is because I don't have the time to properly manage the property myself...Alex has been spectacular in his communications, estimations and his quality of work. Alex and his level of professionalism is everything I hoped for.
- John, Satisfied Client
Real, Recent Reviews
Metro Seattle's Local
Property Management Experts
We know King & Snohomish counties. We know property management.
If you own rental properties in Seattle or the surrounding metro, you understand the importance of finding the right property management partner. An experienced property manager will find great tenants, handle maintenance and accounting, and ultimately, represent your best interests. Don't get stuck with just any property firm handling your rental. Instead, work with a local expert with over 30 years of experience serving Seattle landlords.
From Capitol Hill to Kirkland, Bellevue and Snohomish, our team is intimately familiar with the local rental market. We carefully monitor the trends impacting our clients and make appropriate suggestions for enhancing each property's appeal. Don't find yourself stuck with a manager who uses a one-size-fits-all management approach; work with Full Service PM and learn what the right property manager can do for your home.
Talk to Us About Your Rental Property
Learn how Full Service PM can help you meet your financial goals: (206) 900-9006