Coronavirus Update - March 30, 2020
Last Friday Gov. Inslee modified his Stay at Home order for the real estate industry. He lifed the order for showing of real estate provided:
- Agents follow strict protocols for social distancing and hygiene
- He reserves the right to rescind this action if protocols are not followed.
Effective today FSPM is instituting the following measures:
- All showings of available units are allowed per the following guidelines:
- By appointment only
- Only 2 people (incl. property manager - PM) are allowed
- Only vacant units will be shown.
- Unit must be vacant a minimum of 30 min. between showings.
- PM will disinfect unit before and after each showing
- Only one person allowed in unit at a time (i.e. self showing by prospect)
- PM will answer questions and discuss unit with prospect outside in driveway, sheltered area, or in car by phone (if raining)
- Choice to show or not is being made by each PM based on their own health, risk tolerance, and other factors.
- Some work orders will be addressed. In addition to emergency situations, maintenance techs are allowed to work on:
- Outdoor tasks such as roof & gutter cleaning so long as they remain 6' away from everyone
- Vacant units
- Techs are specifically prohibited from entering occupied property.
- Lease renewals will continue but with tenants doing inspections rather than the property manager
- Late fees are suspended.
- Evictions are suspended.
We are all in this together. We want to stress and encourage you to remain calm during these uncertain times. We will get through this. It just takes time. Please stay home, and stay positive.
If you are experiencing financial hardship please notify us immediately. Please let your property manager know if there is anything we can do.