Top 10 Things You Need to Know About the Governor’s New Proclamation
Many thanks to Jim Henderson at Landlord Solutions for this quick list.
What do you need to know about the Governor’s new proclamation?
1. This applies to residential, commercial and mobile homes.
2. Remove any late fees or other charges for non-payment of rent after February 29, 2020.
3. Return holding fees to those applicants who are unable to move-in due to COVID-19.
4. Do not assess rent to those tenants who vacate due to COVID-19.
5. No rent increases.
6. Do NOT serve 14-day notice to pay or vacate.
7. Do NOT serve a notice to terminate tenancy.
8. Do NOT threaten your tenant with an eviction or legal action.
9. Over communicate.
10. OFFER a reasonable repayment.
Full Service Property Management has been, and will continue to be, in full compliance with the governor’s directives.