Tenant Screening Criteria
Fair Housing Policy
It is and has always been the policy of Full Service Property Management, LLC not to discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, political ideology, marital status, parental status, disability, ancestry, or national origin. We do not participate in the Section 8 subsidizing housing program except where required by law. Full Service Property Management, LLC conducts all business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing Law, Washington Landlord-Tenant Act, and local and state laws.
Tenant Screening Criteria
We are pleased to present to you the following Tenant Screening Criteria.
At Full Service Property Management, we are looking for tenants that can fulfill three basic requirements: pay their rent on time, not deal drugs, and not trash out the property or the house. If you can abide by those three basic rules, then we encourage you to read on.
We recognize that not everyone has 'perfect' rental credit. We strive to work with applicants on a case-by-case basis to assist good tenants in finding good homes.
The following tenant screening criteria outline our requirements. Full Service Property Management has, at its sole option, the ability to grant waivers to some of these criteria. Waivers to these criteria may be allowed up to a maximum of three, at our discretion. One waiver will result in an increase in the security deposit of 25%. Two waivers, if granted, will result in a 50% increase in the deposit and three waivers, if granted, will result in a doubling (100% increase) of the security deposit. After three waivers, the application is denied. The application may be denied at any time, depending on the nature of the violation(s) and subject to Fair Housing Laws.
Below is a listing of our criteria:
- Incomplete, inaccurate, or falsified information on the application is immediate grounds for denial and/or termination of the lease. (No waiver allowed for falsified information.) We will also withhold part of the holding deposit if we find false or misleading information on the application.
- All applicants 18 or over must complete an application in full regardless of status in the family.
- Government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, ID card, etc.) required of all applicants over 18 years old.
- Applicant is a good citizen. Good citizen(s) means:
- Applicant is a good neighbor.
- Applicant does not conduct illegal activity, disturb or pose a threat to neighbors, takes care of the property, and adheres to terms of the rental agreement. This is confirmed by previous landlords, criminal reports and/or other sources.
Rental History Requirements
- Applicant must have 6 months verifiable rent or mortgage history from a non-relative. Where less than 6 months, a co-signer will be required. Exceptions are foreclosured individuals able to pay a 100% bump in security deposit and meet all other qualifying criteria.
- Current and previous landlord information must be verifiable.
- Applicant(s) must receive positive recommendation from landlords.
- Qualifying applicants with no rental history may be placed on a month-to-month lease for a six month period.
- Combined gross income of applicants and co-signers must be three times the rent.
- All source(s) of income must be verifiable either through employer pay stubs, tax returns, or bank statements.
- Applicants should have minimum 6 months employment with current employer.
- Non-taxable income (such as Social Security) may be grossed up 25%.
- We will not use future income except for a verifiable job offer letter detailing exactly the amount to be earned each month.
- The credit report should indicate good payment history with no collections from housing providers or utility companies.
- The credit report should not have more than 10 non-medical accounts or $5,000 in non-medical collections.
- Credit items not affecting qualification include: paid collections, satisfied judgments, medical accounts, and discharged bankruptcies.
- There can be no active bankruptcies. All bankruptcies must be discharged.
- No evictions or unlawful detainers within past five years.
- Foreclosures are allowed.
- A 50-state criminal records report will be run on every adult applicant.
- No convicted sex offenders or child molesters permitted (no waiver allowed).
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any felony or any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex-related, drug-related, property damage, weapons charges, criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty or prostitution will be grounds for denial.
- Any criminal record activity that could be deemed harmful or threatening to the health and safety of an individual, the rental property, neighborhood or property of others will be grounds for denial.
- Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application until charges are resolved. Properties will not be held off market while awaiting resolution of pending charges.
- If you have a pet, please see our pet policy.
- We allow only two people per bedroom, and up to five non-related occupants. Exceptions are when city occupancy laws stipulate more or less.
- Home-based business: Please use the premises only as a private residence. Working from your home is allowed. However, we ask that you do not use it as your primary work place. For example, we do not allow home daycare businesses or hair salons. In addition, the property is not to be used in any way that is illegal or dangerous or which would cause a cancellation, restriction, or increase in property or management insurance premium.
- We do not accept Section 8 housing vouchers except where required by law.
- We do not accept third party checks for assistance with security deposit, rent, or other move in monies, including but not limited to prgrams administered by Section 8, YMCA, YWCA, Red Cross, and Catholic Community Services.
- Move-in monies must be paid by cash, money order, or cashiers check, or online through the tenant portal. Personal checks and online portal payments must clear the bank prior to receiving keys.
- Applicants with service animals will be required to show proof from a healthcare professional (MD, ND, etc.) verifyting that the applicant has a disability and needs a service animal.
- Applicants with marginal qualifications may be asked to provide a Guarantor. A Guarantor is a signator on the lease and become financially responsible, but is not permitted to live on the premises.
Application / Move-In Process
- Give the leasing agent $500 deposit to hold the unit and sign a Holding Deposit Agreement.
- An application fee of $40 per adult (over 18) is required.
- Applications are completed and paid for online.
- A signed Tenant Release & Consent form is usually required to verify employment and/or rent.
- It can take 1-3 days to complete the screening process, depending on verification of references.
- Keys will be issued after a lease and all addenda have been signed by all Leasors AND all agreed upon monies are paid.
- Complete Property Move-In Condition Report, preferably with manager.
- Transfer all tenant-paid utilities into your name effective your move-in date.
- Do NOT install satellite dishes without prior permission. Failure to do so will result in removal of dish and possible repair of the building/property at the tenant expense.
- Return Property Move-In Condition Report within 3 days after move-in date.
- Applications — We verify all information on the application carefully. If you provide false or misleading information on the rental application then you will be subject to a $200 fee for wasting our time.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- Tenants may not move in until all of the move-in monies have been paid for.
- We typically collect a deposit towards last month's rent. We can stage the payment of this deposit over a maximum of 4 months, beginning with the second month after move-in to ease the burden of moving. Tenants may pre-pay this deposit at any time, including at move-in.
- We do not rent to tenants who do drugs or keep a messy home. So if you keep a messy house or deal or do drugs then please save us both the time and do not apply.
- We enforce all late fees.