FULL SERVICE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, PLLC
FAIR HOUSING POLICY
It is and has always been policy of Full Service Property Management, LLC not to discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation, political ideology, marital status, parental status, disability, ancestry, national origin, or rent subsidy support such as Section 8. Full Service Property Management, LLC conducts all business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing Law, as well as local and state laws.
TENANT SCREENING CRITERIA
At Full Service Property Management, PLLC, we are looking for tenants that can fulfill three basic requirements: pay their rent on time, not deal drugs, and not trash out the property or the house. If you can abide by those three basic rules, then we encourage you to read on!
At Full Service Property Management, PLLC we recognize that not everyone has perfect rental credit. We strive to work with applicants on a case-by-case basis to assist good tenants in finding good homes.
The following tenant screening criteria outline our requirements. Full Service Property Management has, at its sole option, the ability to grant waivers to some of these criteria. Waivers to these tenant screening criteria may be allowed up to a maximum of three, at our discretion. One waiver will result in an increase in the security deposit of 25%. Two waivers, if granted, will result in a 50% increase in the deposit and three waivers, if granted, will result in a doubling (100% increase) of the security deposit. After three waivers of our tenant screening criteria, the application is denied. The application may be denied at any time, depending on the nature of the violation(s) and subject to Fair Housing Laws.
Below is a listing of our criteria:
GENERAL TENANT SCREENING CRITERIA
- Incomplete, inaccurate, or falsified information on the application is immediate grounds for denial and/or termination of the lease. (No waiver allowed for falsified information.)
- All applicants 18 or over must complete an application in full regardless of status in the family.
- Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, ID card, etc.) required of all applicants over 18 years old.
- Applicant is a good citizen. Good citizen(s) means:
- Applicant is a good neighbor.
- Applicant does not conduct illegal activity, disturb or pose a threat to neighbors, takes care of the property, and adheres to terms of the rental agreement. This is confirmed by previous landlords, criminal reports and/or other sources.
- Service Animals: Seeing eye dogs and other animals used as service animals to assist the disabled are permitted to reside in the house with the resident(s). Legal documentation to verify this need may be requested.
- Special Needs: Full Service Property Management, PLLC is willing to make reasonable adjustments to a house that may be required for those individuals with special needs. The cost for such adjustments is to be assumed by the resident.
- Exceptions: At the written request of the applicant, an exception to the above criteria may be made subject to the final approval of Full Service Property Management, PLLC and the Owner.
RENTAL HISTORY REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must have 6 months verifiable rent or mortgage history from a non-relative. Where less than 6 months, a co-signer will be required.
- Current and previous landlord information must be verifiable.
- Applicant(s) must receive positive recommendation from landlords.
- Qualifying applicants with no rental history will be placed on a month-to-month lease for a six month period.
- Combined gross income of applicants and co-signers must be three times the rent (or portion of rent attributable to applicant(s) for subsidized housing such as Sec. 8).
- All source(s) of income must be verifiable either through employer, pay stubs, tax returns, or bank statements.
- Applicants should have minimum 6 months employment with current employer.
- Non-taxable income (such as Social Security) may be grossed up 25%.
- The credit report should indicate good payment history with no collections from housing providers or utility companies.
- The credit report should not have more than 10 non-medical accounts or $5,000 in non-medical collections.
- Credit items not affecting qualification include: paid collections, satisfied judgments, medical accounts, and discharged bankruptcies.
- Unpaid collections from housing providers may be added to the security deposit, at our discretion.
- No evictions or unlawful detainers within past five years.
- Foreclosures are allowed.
- Credit score > 500.
- A 50-state criminal records report will be run on every adult applicant.
- No convicted sex offenders or child molesters permitted (no waiver allowed).
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any felony or any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex-related, drug-related, property damage, weapons charges, criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty or prostitution will be grounds for denial.
- Any criminal record activity that could be deemed harmful or threatening to the health and safety of an individual, the rental property, neighborhood or property of others will be grounds for denial.
- Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application until charges are resolved. Properties will not be held off market while awaiting resolution of pending charges.
- We allow only two people per bedroom, and up to five non-related occupants. Exceptions are when city occupancy laws stipulate more or less.
- Dogs: We do not allow certain types of dogs that may have violent tendencies if mixed with other dogs. Breeds of dog not allowed include Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Doberman, German Shepherd, Husky, Chow or mixed breed with any of the above. Owners reserve the right to deny any dog, so speak with the leasing agent prior to making application. All pets are subject to a pet fee. Certain pets may be exempt from a pet fee. There is a limit to the number of pets in one household.
- Pet Policy: We charge $250/pet non-refundable fee AND a $250/pet increase in the security deposit. Pets must be spayed or neutered and over 18 months old.
- Home-based business: Please use the premises only as a private residence, it is not to be used in any way that is illegal or dangerous or which would cause a cancellation, restriction, or increase in management insurance premium. Working from your home is allowed, however, we ask that you do not use it as your primary work place. For example, we do not allow home daycare businesses.
APPLICATION / MOVE-IN PROCESS
- An application fee of $40 per adult (over 18) is required.
- Applications are completed and paid for online.
- A signed Tenant Release & Consent Form may be (usually is) required to verify employment and/or rent.
- It can take 1-3 days to complete the screening process, depending on verification of references.
- Keys will be issued after a lease and all addenda have been signed by all Leasees AND all agreed upon monies are paid.
- We do not accept 3rd party checks for move-in monies owed. The only exception is Sec. 8 on a property-by-property basis.
- Complete Property Move-In Condition Report, preferably with manager.
- Transfer all tenant-paid utilities into your name effective your move-in date.
- Do NOT install satellite dishes without prior permission. Failure to do so will result in removal of dish and possible repair of the building/property.
- Return Property Move-In Condition Report within 3 days after move-in date.
Areas we provide property management and maintenance services to:
"The very best in local Seattle property management!!"